Professional Development Offerings
We are currently developing our online
training seminars for students, parents, and educators/mentors. Please
let us know what type of training would be helpful for you or your organization. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Being a Mentor:
How mentors can most effectively utilize the ThroughCollege system to help
succeed in preparing for and graduating from College.
Creative and Effective College Counseling techniques:
Using personal leadership activities to make the college application process thoughtful for all students.
- Helping First-Generation College Bound students prepare for, apply to, and thrive in college.
- Preparing Students and Parents for a Gap Year.
- Helping students write a college essay.
Guiding students through the Summer: How to help students be productive during their high school summer.
- Advising the college bound non-U.S. Citizen.
- Creating partnerships between Schools and Non-Profits to help students prepare for college.
- Reaching Students Not on the College Prep Path
- Helping Students Evaluate Their College Prep Efforts
Using Technology Effectively:
- How to use technology to help guide your students to college success.
- How to use technology to recruit students (for admissions officers at colleges).
- How to use the new Common Application online system.
Working with Parents:
- The role of parents in student college preparation
- The importance of parent-teacher-guidance counselor partnership to
assist students' college preparation.
Please email us at email@example.com.